The primary function of monitoring is to enable the timely detection of any condition or behavior that could deteriorate structures and provide an early warning to ensure the safety of the environment.
Optical sensors from SMARTEC have been qualified to operate under cryogenic temperatures. The intrinsic properties of optic sensors allows for compact sensing and cabling, a great variety in the measurable parameters, insensitivity to EMI (Electro-Magnetic Interferences), electrically passive sensors and cable, intrinsically safe.
Sensors operating under cryogenic temperatures operate as contact and non-contact measurements.
These sensors operate reliably in demanding environments, including magnetic field, radiation and vacuum.
We are a leading expert in optical sensing, particularly fiber optic sensing to monitor cryogenic structures. We offer a wide variety of sensors using leading edge technology and we can assist you in identifying the best products for your project and budget.
BENEFITS OF OUR INTEGRATED HEALTH MONITORING SOLUTIONS AND LEAK DETECTION SYSTEMS
- Integrated solutions. Providing integrated structural health monitoring solutions for cyrogenic structures using advanced optic and fiber-optic technologies
- Access data on structure behavior. Logging reliable data.
- Condition monitoring. Monitoring the structural impacts of operational and environnemental stresses.
- Preventive and proactive management. Improving the control of budgets and planning for the unforeseen unavailability of the process.
INSTRUMENTATION AND SAFETY MONITORING IS PERFORMED WITH INSTRUMENTS THAT MEASURE:
- Leaks in vacuum insulated pipes
- Chemical and process production and transfer lines monitoring
- Integrity of cryogenic tanks, hydrostatic test
- Underground gas storage facilities deformation monitoring
- Superconducting magnets strain, movement and thermal behavior
- Superconducting power lines cooling distribution
- Thermal vacuum testing for space infrastructure
Thermal mapping of vessels, pipes and reservoirs
Thermo-mechanical behavior of complex scientific facilities (ITER, France)
Leakage and displacement in tank annular space
Leak detection of cryogenic pipelines
- Strain surface measurement: Fabry-Perot (FISO), MuST FBG
- Temperature point: Fabry-Perot (FISO), GaAs (FISO)
- Temperature distributed: DiTemp DTS Raman
- Displacement, short range, long range: Fabry-Perot (FISO),
- Non-contact displacement: 3DeMon laser distance meter and SOFO interferometric sensing