SHM plays an important role in every stage of construction for tunnel applications, from the design stage for site evaluation, then during the construction stage to evaluate the impact of a project on nearby structures, and finally at the service stage to ensure safety over its lifespan.
Benefits of our Integrated Health Monitoring Solutions
Benefits of our Integrated Health Monitoring Solutions for Tunnel Applications
- Integrated solutions Deliver complete solutions using fiber-optic and innovative vibrating wire sensors.
- Ensure the integrity of the structure & safety of the users Detect early performance degradation promptly, to limit the risk and effects of potential disasters. Our monitoring systems are designed to collect reliable data from every kind of tunnel.
- Extend the lifetime of aging tunnels Monitor tunnels accurately to determine the current condition of the structure to allow the owners to increase safety margins without any intervention on the structure.
- Reliable monitoring during tunnel construction Provide convergence monitoring using our system, which ensures tracking of radial displacement of the tunnel while under construction and during its lifespan.
- Improved knowledge of tunnel design Increase knowledge of the structural behavior of tunnels with particular reference to the optimization of shapes and thickness of metallic frameworks when new construction technologies are used.
- Immediate assessment of tunnel safety after a major event Monitor damage or failure caused by extraordinary events such as a fire, earthquakes, explosions, or floods. This allows engineers and consultants to make preliminary structural assessments.